Board of Education
The Morrison School Board consists of seven community members elected at-large to four-year terms. They volunteer to complete leadership training, attend meetings and serve on sub-committees. Current board members are:
- Cathleen Vegter, president, appointed 2010
- Jim Ridley, vice president, elected 2007
- Wolfgang Schmidt, secretary, elected 2013
- Laurie Helms, elected 2019
- Tricia Mickley, appointed 2015
- Terri Wilkens, elected 2019
- Gus Linke Jr.
Meeting Dates, Agendas & Minutes
- 2019-2020 Board Meeting Dates
- 2019-2020 Board Meeting Agendas
- 2019-2020 Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Information from Previous School Years
2019-2020 Board Committees
- Annual Statement of Affairs
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Salary & Benefits Reports
- School District Organization
- Board of Education
- General School Administration
- Operational Services
- Community Relations
Freedom of Information Act Requests
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state statute (5 ILCS 140/1-140/11) that provides for a straight-forward, easy-to-use method for the public to gain access to government records. Any person who wishes to inspect and/or obtain copies of public records from Morrison Community Unit School District #6 shall follow the rules below, in accordance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
How to Request Information and Public Records
For your convenience, a Freedom of Information Request Form is available to you for requesting records. It would be helpful (but not required) for you to complete a Freedom of Information Request form stating the specific type of records requested, including address and dates/time frame. Freedom of Information Request forms are available here and in the Unit office at the High School. Completed Freedom of Information requests should be submitted to:
Freedom of Information Officer
643 Genesee Ave.
Morrison, IL 61270
Each request will be complied with or denied within five (5) working days after its receipt. The five (5) working day time limit may be extended to include an additional five (5) working days in some cases. Each request for a commercial purpose will be complied with or denied within twenty-one (21) days after its receipt. Records will be made available for inspection and reproduction unless the records are specifically exempt under the Freedom of Information Act. Accordingly, if your request is for a commercial purpose, please indicate that it is for a commercial purpose as required under the Act.
- No charge for first 50 pages of black and white (legal or letter sized copies)
- $ .15 per page after first 50 copies